Top optical performance makes it the ultimate go-to lens.An icon of Sigma quality, this is the ideal standard lens.
Sigma was the first lens manufacturer to introduce a 50mm F1.4 lens. Now, to create the ultimate go-to lens, we took optical performance and image quality to the limit. The result is a true icon of Sigma quality. Fulfilling the concept of our Art line at the highest level, the 50mm F1.4 DG HSM is a large-aperture standard lens that delivers top performance. Its outstanding resolution makes it ideal for the high-megapixel era. It delivers exquisitely balanced images with a beautiful bokeh effect, setting a new benchmark for large-aperture standard lenses. It is the ultimate expression of the 50mm F1.4 specification, known to bring out the photographer’s unique personality and approach. Once you own it, you’ll never want to be without it!
- Utilizing know-how and the latest design technology accumulated through the past developments, it corrects the aberration thoroughly and achieves high resolution and astonishing rendering performance even near the edge of the image.
- Achieves both high resolution and beautiful bokeh effect. High level of resolution on the focus point while bokeh in front and behind the point of focus is carefully maintained to have soft rendering. Aberrations including sagittal coma flare and color distortion that affect the image quality are thoroughly corrected. From open aperture, high-definition rendering without blur is achieved. Moreover, by ensuring vignetting at the minimum and preventing color blur around the front and back of the focus point, it also achieves natural bokeh.
- The molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction to sagittal coma flare. It is perfect for astronomical photography and shooting of illumination because of the reduced blur on the point light sources near the edge of the image. It also creates an attractive bokeh in portraits and indoor shooting.
- For axial chromatic aberration correction SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements are incorporated, ensuring high image quality throughout the entire focusing range. The lens achieves sharp and high contrast image rendering.
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting.
- Minimized distortion.
- Minimum focusing distance of 40cm.
- Hyper Sonic Motor ensures High AF Speed.
- Incorporating Rounded 9-blade Diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Brass made bayonet mount.
- This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability.
- Made in Japan
- Sigma USB DOCK compatible lens - user friendly and easy precise customization. Update new lens firmware; adjust focus position and other parameters by connecting the lens to a USB DOCK. (USB DOCK sold separately MSRP $79.95).
- Available mount conversion service (charges apply) - Sigma’s new mount conversion service will be available for this lens and other Sigma interchangeable lenses. Sigma will convert the current lens mount and internal components to work on a different camera brand, allowing you to continue using your favourite Sigma lens with a different camera body.
- Specification: Lens Construction: 13 elements in 8 groups Minimum aperture: F16 Filter size: ø77mm Angle of view: 46.8° Minimum focusing distance: 40cm / 15.7in. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): ø85.4mm x 99.9mm / 3.4in. x 3.9in. Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (Rounded diaphragm) Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.6
- Canadian Warranty – 7 Years