Nikon Nikkor Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S – Smallest, Lightest 400mm in its class!
Travel light and move fast. Comfortably shoot handheld with unwavering accuracy. Capture the sharpness and beautiful bokeh only a prime lens can deliver. The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is the super-telephoto prime for those who use agility and speed to nail decisive views of birds, wildlife, sports and aircraft.
Primary features of the Nikkor Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S lens
- Super lightweight lens that is easily hand-holdable, weighing just 1160 g
- Great travel, sports, bird, wildlife lens
- A short minimum focus distance of 2.5m enables close-up shots of flowers, insects and more.
- Sharp performance oriented S line lens
- Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization performance equivalent to a 5.5-stop increase in shutter speed effectively reduces blurring in dimly lit surroundings and/or with handheld shooting.
- Utilization of a stepping motor (STM) ensures fast and quiet autofocusing.
Customizable Fn buttons towards front end of the lens barrel are easy to use when shooting handheld.
- Designed with consideration for dust and drip resistance3, in addition to an antifouling fluorine coating on the front lens element enables easy removal of dust and dirt.
- Ideal for video recording with a click-less control ring that supports smooth operation and minimizes operational noise, as well as the effective suppression of focus breathing.
- Maintains superior resolution when using the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4× or Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0× to extend the maximum focal length to as much as 560 mm or 800 mm, respectively.